Starkville Pride is planning to bring a lawsuit against the city of Starkville after the board of aldermen voted Tuesday to deny its request to hold a Pride parade next month.
New details have emerged from an investigation involving a Caledonia High School student who was arrested at school after authorities found a handgun in his room at home -- including that the student may have been a bullying victim, that he also had ammunition and that the handgun authorities found was a weapon that should have been logged into evidence for an investigation at Lowndes County Sheriff's Office 10 years ago.
Columbus Police Department's head investigator Capt. Brent Swan is leaving for a job with Lowndes County Sheriff's Office, and it appears he's taking a significant pay cut to do it.
Waukaway Springs Bottling Company is undergoing building renovations in hopes to restore the building to its original look.
Starkville Pride, a local LGBT support group, got support from local and state groups during a Wednesday evening meeting at Mississippi State University Wednesday.
1. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Liver transplant surgeries for Columbus mother and daughter a success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY