Starkville board attorney Chris Latimer denied a request made by The Dispatch Wednesday for dash camera footage and incident reports stemming from an alleged pedestrian accident involving a former Starkville Police Department officer under review by the district attorney's office.
Columbus city officials and ownership of The Princess Theater have reached a compromise they believe will serve as a starting point to address concerns about safety in and around the downtown business.
Columbus Mayor Robert Smith will call an emergency city council meeting Thursday to address violence at a Seventh Avenue North convenience store where two men were shot Tuesday.
An hour-long, closed-door executive session concluded Tuesday with Starkville aldermen voting to discipline Starkville Police Department Officer Drew Jones and tender a potential case against former Officer William Thrasher to the district attorney for possible prosecution.
For the third year, the Columbus High School boys basketball team will clash with a team coached by Mayor Robert Smith to help raise money for cancer research.
1. LCSO names suspect in Crawford shooting STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Shots fired near the Princess COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Man shot on 7th Avenue Tuesday afternoon COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Mayor seeks moratorium at Princess COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. City, store owner clash after Tuesday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY