A Starkville Utilities Department employee was arrested Monday for embezzling money while working for the department.
A would-be Columbus police officer withdrew his application Monday after he was charged with several offenses during a weekend traffic stop.
An anticipated vote on a proposal requiring those attending a school event to stand for the national anthem never made it to the agenda for Monday's meeting of the Lowndes County School District Board of Trustees.
A teenager accused of threatening a crowd at a public park with an AR-15 is in custody at Lowndes County Adult Detention Center for attempted aggravated assault.
An otherwise amicable town hall meeting Monday briefly became chippy when a Columbus councilman accused a former political opponent of lying about his address.
1. 30-plus employers to recruit at job fair COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Would-be CPD officer popped for DUI, other charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Deputies seek man who wielded AR-15 rifle at park COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Granting excellence STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Mickens takes on ex-opponent during town hall COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY