A former Columbus police officer involved in the October shooting death of Ricky Ball has filed a lawsuit against the city claiming he was wrongfully terminated.
Columbus Municipal School District will soon have a way to track students for success as young as kindergarten.
A recently-filed brief by the city of Columbus claims that the Mississippi Ethics Commission overstepped its bounds when it ruled that the mayor and city council violated the state's Open Meetings Act.
On Monday, the Columbus Police Department recognized two of its officers for their work reviving a shooting victim outside the Princess Theater early Sunday morning.
Starkville officials are asking residents to attend a three-day set of meetings designed to gather public input for its park system's master planning efforts.
1. McDill, popular artist and craftsman, dies at 33 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Boykin files federal suit against Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Downtown shooting injures one COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus child struck by vehicle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Stansbury looks to jettison lake lease STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY