A Columbus woman is in jail following an early morning shooting death Sunday, and the victim's father -- an Alabama police chief -- is left picking up the pieces. Brittney Foster, 28, was gunned down early Sunday in the parking lot of Buffalo Wild Wings, where she worked.
Columbus Mayor Robert Smith will not get a raise and neither will any other city employee.
A suspect has been identified and charged with capital murder in the death of a Lowndes County woman whose body was discovered in a burned down mobile home Monday morning.
Eleven Lowndes County festivals will have one more year before they begin to see less and less financial assistance from the Columbus-Lowndes Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Sunday's early-morning shooting at Buffalo Wild Wings that left one woman dead and another facing a murder charge created a different perception among some in the community, primarily because of where it happened.
1. Woman dies after parking lot shooting in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Father of parking lot shooting victim speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Teen arrested and charged with capital murder, arson COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus, Starkville ranked among state's most exciting cities COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Mayor, city employee raises rescinded COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY