Former 1st District Circuit Judge Barry W. Ford will hear Mayor-elect Lynn Spruill's motion to dismiss Johnny Moore's mayoral election challenge 10 a.m. July 11 at the Oktibbeha County Circuit Court Annex.
Columbus Municipal School District does not plan to ask for a property tax increase next fiscal year.
Oktibbeha County Emergency Management Agency Director and District 1 Constable Shank Phelps is retiring from his two positions effective July 1.
Event organizers are encouraging people to make plans to go to the Lock and Dam on July 1 for the annual Fireworks on the Water.
A federal appeals court said Thursday that Mississippi can enforce a law that allows merchants and government employees cite religious beliefs to deny services to same-sex couples, but opponents of the law immediately pledged to appeal.
1. CPD officer suspended for Facebook posts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Childhood home of noted Disney animator, painter Joshua Meador is on the market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Proposed pay raise for councilmen fails COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Woman arrested for alleged box cutter attack COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Building hope: World Changers mission takes on 14 projects in Lowndes Co. COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY