For the second time in less than six months, the city of Columbus is not eligible for a state grant because of errors on its part. The city has three low income residents who could have received state funding to rehabilitate or rebuild their homes. They won't, though, because city officials failed to follow a publication guideline that disqualified its application for the HOME Investment Partnerships Program grant.
A Columbus man was arrested and charged with aggravated assault for an incident that occurred last month at a local gas station.
A teenager has been arrested and charged with armed robbery. Brian Devonshay Hill, 19, of 319 Ponderosa Dr., was arrested Wednesday morning for his alleged role in a February robbery.
A 30-year-old who has been arrested 12 times since he turned 18 is behind bars after being captured Tuesday by U.S. Marshals.
Two questions. One: Could the Golden Triangle soon lose its RadioShacks? Two: Could Columbus be home to a new burger joint?
1. MUW janitor faces child molestation charge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus man arrested on kidnapping, sexual assault charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Hump Day chaos sends Columbus cops scrambling COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Police: Columbus man pulled knife on woman, rammed car COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Kitchens expected to rule on Gibbs case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY