Methamphetamine arrests are on the rise in the Golden Triangle.
When narcotics agents in the Golden Triangle arrest a drug addict with several grams of ice methamphetamines, they're seeing the small-town result of a global industry dedicated to manufacturing and selling what is quickly becoming Mississippi's drug of choice.
One person has died and another airlifted out of Columbus for medical treatment after a fire destroyed a mobile home on the 2600 block of Seventh Avenue North Friday night.
Former Central Intelligence Agency officer and author Valerie Plame highlighted the Welty Gala at Mississippi University for Women Friday night, where she pressed on gala attendees the importance of staying engaged in national conversations and challenging the government.
When Armstrong Middle School Principal Tim Bourne offered eighth grader Tyquerius Doss an opportunity to stick to a wall in a Velcro suit, he didn't know quite to make of it at first.
1. Starkville moms embark on project that looks through the lens of autism STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CPD investigates northside shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Former CIA operative urges citizen engagement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. One killed, one severely injured in house fire COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. After nearly disappearing, local meth arrests make comeback COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY