Local education bills call for the state to fund a Starkville-Oktibbeha Consolidated School District-Mississippi State University partnership school, change the composition of the local school board.
A former Columbus police officer involved in the October shooting death of Ricky Ball has filed a lawsuit against the city claiming he was wrongfully terminated.
A lawsuit filed against the city by a former Columbus police officer raised significant allegations against Ward 4 Councilman Marty Turner, including that officers often saw him under the influence of alcohol and that he ordered them to stop patrolling Ward 4.
The second man to walk to the moon, Buzz Aldrin, spent a part of his Tuesday-evening lecture at Mississippi State University telling the capacity crowd about the miracle of the 1969 Apollo 11 mission to the Moon.
This year's recipient of Mississippi University for Women's Diversity Educator of the Year award was described as "a champion of diversity" on campus and in the community.
1. McDill, popular artist and craftsman, dies at 33 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. UPDATE: Boykin files suit against Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Downtown shooting injures one COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Turner responds to lawsuit claims COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CPD honors life-saving officers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY