Columbus Redevelopment Authority is depending on the potential for developer tax incentives and the development group's reputation to ensure the pending sale of Lee Middle School property actually produces everything the buyers have promised.
The Sears Hometown Store, located at 1404 Old Aberdeen Road in front of Leigh Mall, will reportedly close its doors later this year.
When Steve Reagan moved to Louisiana in 1998, he had no idea he'd end up capturing hundreds of alligators.
On the same day the City of Columbus issued a reminder to restaurants they should not collect a 2-percent restaurant sales tax after June 30, the body most affected by that change delayed discussion plans for dealing with it.
A West Point man has died either just before or during a car accident near Walmart off Highway 45 South Alternate Monday.
1. CRA distances itself from Realtor's 'threatening' letters to Burns Bottom property owners COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Developer agrees to purchase Lee for $450K COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Dispatch earns 16 Press Association awards COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. 'Father' time: MSU fans take fathers, sons on first pilgrimages to CWS in Omaha STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Greco joins Dispatch as government reporter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY