Rising Mississippi School for Mathematics and Science senior Mary Lee says technology and computers are pivotal subjects for students to learn and master in order to succeed in the future.
The Columbus Light and Water board unanimously approved an electric department budget for fiscal year 2017 that includes a $186,000 deficit.
Starkville officials and out-of-town consultants concluded a week of public input session on a redevelopment plan for Highway 182 Thursday.
Oktibbeha County Justice Court Judge C. Martin Haug continued the simple assault trials of Starkville-Oktibbeha Consolidated School District Superintendent Lewis Holloway and his neighbor, Roy Couvion, after agreeing to a motion seeking additional investigation time after new evidence emerged.
A Columbus Police Department officer was involved in an altercation at the McDonald's on Alabama Street at about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday.
1. Early College High School grows in second year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother arrested after newborn tests positive for drugs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CPD officer on paid leave after fight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Fire destroys New Light Road home STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. 'Programming is problem solving': Local senior conducts STEM camp for girls COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY