When Lowndes County and the city of Columbus bought the Maxim medical building after the company shut its doors, they believed they were acquiring a 130,000-square-foot facility over 19 acres of land.
The former choral director and public relations officer for the Columbus Municipal School has been indicted for exploitation of a child.
Recently released unemployment statistics show slight improvement over last July in the Golden Triangle. The numbers also tell a story of need for more job opportunities, as area rates are well above the 8-percent rate for Mississippi as a whole.
A new catfish restaurant is opening in Columbus. Catfish & Chords Fish House will be located at 2222 Military Rd -- the old home of Rub's Pub, which closed last year.
The Starkville Police Department arrested two men following separate burglary incidents on Carver Drive this week after officers stepped up patrols in the area.
1. Father of parking lot shooting victim speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspected shooter's family says lover's quarrel led to incident COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Teen arrested and charged with capital murder, arson COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Highway 50 shutting down tonight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Former CMSD choir director indicted for child exploitation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY