A bomb threat Thursday caused Columbus High School students and staff to evacuate. City Assistant Police Chief Fred Shelton said a thorough inspection of the campus yielded no explosives, and authorities issued an all-clear at about 3 p.m.
A Columbus man will spend five years in prison after pleading guilty this week to exploitation of a child.
When Caledonia Middle School Principal Karen Pittman announced over the intercom one day in August the students' behavior was "out of control" and that the entire school had to go to an assembly in the gym, Kim Holley didn't know what to think.
A Columbus woman was killed Thursday afternoon when she crashed her vehicle into a bridge column on Highway 45 Alternate in Lowndes County.
A new $7 million housing development is coming to Lowndes County.
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Columbus police seek bank fraud suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CMS exhibits culture of giving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex park ranger gets 5 years for child exploitation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Are ghosts haunting the Golden Triangle? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY