Negotiations to renew Lowndes County's 2-percent restaurant tax took a potentially fatal step backward Friday when the board of supervisors redoubled their efforts to keep any of the tax from being directly distributed for recreation.
The moment 7-year-old Fred Haley set foot on the grounds of Camp Henry Pratt something moved within him.
Bond has been denied for the Columbus man arrested for the Thanksgiving murder outside the Trotter Convention Center downtown.
The first time it happened, it was an unfortunate accident -- a miscalculation.
Crumbling brick pillars at Greenlawn Memorial Park cemetery in east Columbus show the wear and tear of time. The tangle of brush that covered them not long ago, however, is gone.
1. Signing off: Longtime WCBI anchor retiring after 44 years on the air COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Trotter shooting suspect arrested COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Big cat sleepover: Cedarhill holds fundraising raffle for second year in a row COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex-circuit clerk arrested for slapping woman STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Bond denied for alleged Thanksgiving shooter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY