Starkville Aldermen voted Tuesday to deny a request from Starkville Pride to host the city's first Pride Parade.
Columbus Police Department's head investigator will leave the department for a position with Lowndes County Sheriff's Office.
A former Starkville alderman is claiming she warned that Starkville would be confronted with issues such as Tuesday's vote on a Pride parade under "lesbian leadership" in a thinly-veiled swipe at Mayor Lynn Spruill.
Starkville Pride organizers left the courtroom -- some in tears -- after aldermen voted 4-3 to deny their request to host a Pride parade in March.
A Caledonia High School student arrested after authorities found a handgun at his home was also in possession of an old bullet resistant vest and a "small amount" of ammunition, authorities confirmed Wednesday.
1. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man gets 40 years for killing cousin COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY