An alleged burglar's brief escape from custody caused Starkville-Oktibbeha Consolidated School District officials to lock down a nearby elementary school Monday.
Three Democrats have now qualified for Starkville's mayoral race after local attorney Johnny Moore filed his qualification paperwork at City Hall Monday.
A woman accused of serving a cheeseburger smeared with her bodily fluids to a customer at Jack's Restaurant in early January has turned herself in to the Columbus Police Department.
The lockdown on Columbus High School has been lifted, and the Columbus Police Department has called off a search for a potentially armed suspect in the woods around the school.
As the 2017 legislative session moves on, local lawmakers are hoping to draw support on bills for a range of issues, from stricter DUI enforcement to criminal justice reform.
1. Arrest made in Jack's restaurant case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CPD names suspect in Jack's incident COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus High lockdown lifted after CPD calls off search for suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Locals at inauguration: 'Just wonderful' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Two arrested in weekend robbery, car chase COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY