The city of Columbus has punted a pending criminal case against a former city councilman to Lowndes County Justice Court.
Big man. Big voice. Big smile. Big personality. There seemed to be nothing small about Charlie Burgin.
Sitting on his worn couch Wednesday, Camelot Apartments resident James Smith asked a question he's been contemplating for a while now: How does a convicted felon, living on a fixed income and forced to move by no fault of his own, not only find a new home, but also scrape together enough money to pay for relocation?
The father of a woman accused of providing alcohol to one of four New Hope teenagers injured in an automobile accident said his daughter only gave one of the teens one sip of her beer.
Anytime Cakes and Dewie's Bake Shop opened Wednesday in Caledonia.
1. Father of woman charged with providing New Hope teen alcohol speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Hilton: Hospital report filled with misleading data STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Accident leads to numerous charges for Starkville man STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. City hires public defender for Municipal Court COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus honors four outstanding citizens COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY