An otherwise affable candidate forum grew testy near the end as two mayoral candidates traded barbs with their closing remarks.
Oktibbeha County supervisors will get their first look at a request for proposals for the sale or lease of OCH Regional Medical Center at 9 a.m. Monday when attorneys from Butler Snow and hospital consultant Ted Woodrell reveal a draft of the document to the board.
An organization's recent probe into how well hospitals in Mississippi and Louisiana informed low-income and indigent patients of their charity care policies found one Golden Hospital Triangle lacking.
Armstrong Middle School is preparing to bring local ministers and grief counselors on campus Monday to help students begin to deal with the tragic loss of one of their classmates.
"Dear soldier," most of the brief letters begin. Penciled consonants and vowels formed with care by little hands may look a bit wobbly, but the sentiments expressed seem even stronger for it.
1. Middle school mourning death of student STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Anti-McQueen ads could violate state law COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Candidates attack absent mayor at forum COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Woman faces child endangerment charge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Mayoral candidates trade barbs COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY