A local business owner has agreed to restrict his convenience store's operating hours after initial resistance to requests from city officials.
Andrew O'Neal thought he was safe.
Reports of avian influenza, or bird flu, in Tennessee and Alabama -- including a case in nearby Pickens County -- are something Mississippi chicken growers should be keeping a watchful eye on, said Tom Tabler, a professor of Poultry Science for the Mississippi State University Extension Service.
Starkville board attorney Chris Latimer denied a request made by The Dispatch Wednesday for dash camera footage and incident reports stemming from an alleged pedestrian accident involving a former Starkville Police Department officer under review by the district attorney's office.
Myisha Shelton and Inez Harris set to work on their dream in early February with the opening of Our Place Southern Style Cooking.
1. Man shot on 7th Avenue Tuesday afternoon COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. City, store owner clash after Tuesday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mayor seeks moratorium at Princess COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lawyers, adviser crafting RFP for Oktibbeha's hospital STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. CPD makes arrest in Princess Theater shooting case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY