March 26, 2011 8:22:00 PM
An annual rite of spring is just around the corner. The 61st annual Junior Auxiliary Charity Ball will take place Saturday, April 2, at Trotter Convention Center. Doors will open at 7 p.m. Presentation of royalty will begin at 8 p.m. Court members to be presented are listed below.
Trumpeting the arrival of the Charity Ball king and queen, whose identity is not revealed until ball night, will be pages Adam Reese Ford, the son of Mr. and Mrs. Charleigh Dowling Ford III, and the grandson of 2008 King Charleigh Dowling Ford Jr., and Maxwell Clyde Hutchinson, the son of Mr. and Mrs. Clyde Vernon Hutchinson and the grandson of 1963 King James Dudley Hutchinson.
Students from Cook Elementary Fine Arts Magnet School will present a brief musical performance. Following the presentation of the court, Swing Shift will provide live music for dancing.
A ticketed breakfast will be served at 9:30 p.m. on the lower level of the convention center.
Tickets to the annual event are $40 for seating at tables on the main floor, $20 for balcony tickets and $20 for breakfast. To purchase tickets, contact Amy Sharp at 662-889-0807.
Members of the 2011 court are:
· Kenneth Glenn Akins Jr., son of Mr. and Mrs. Kenneth Glenn Akins Sr.;
· John Adam Bateman, son of Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Douglas Bateman III;
· Harrison Kyle Bennett, son of Dr. and Mrs. James Daniel Bennett III;
· Hunter Webb Buxton, son of Mr. and Mrs. Michael Dwain Buxton;
· Tifton Joseph Coleman, son of Mr. David Michael Coleman and Mr. and Mrs. Brian Lee Hudson;
· Tyler Reynolds Coleman, son of Mr. and Mrs. Billy Coleman;
· John Laws Ferguson, son of Mr. and Mrs. Verell Pennington Ferguson IV;
· Thomas Kennedy Fitzner, son of Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Richardson Fitzner;
· Lilla Grace Flora, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ernest Gray Flora III;
· Anna Gaines Gaskin, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Leonard Keith Gaskin;
· David Lyon Glenn, son of Mr. and Mrs. Robert Allen Glenn;
· David Stance Henderson, son of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Stance Henderson;
· Taylor West James, son of Mr. and Mrs. Rodger David James;
· Kathryn Carlisle Jones, daughter of Mrs. Sam Wade Jones Jr. and the late Mr. Jones;
· Reynolds Forrest McCain, son of Dr. and Mrs. Reynolds Park McCain;
· Marla Kaye Miller, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Herman Glenn Miller;
· Lawson Thomas Peel, son of Mr. and Mrs. Hollis Knight Peel;
· Henry Cox Pilkinton V, son of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Cox Pilkinton IV;
· Campton Stuart Pittman, son of Mr. and Mrs. George Terrell Pittman;
· Bailey Kristen Rader, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Gregory Charles Rader;
· Ashleigh Marie Rhett, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Wythe Munford Rhett II;
· Kelleam Hart Sneed, son of Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Kelleam Sneed;
· Elizabeth Claire Wiygul, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Farrell Bryant Wiygul Jr.
Jan Swoope is the Lifestyles Editor for The Commercial Dispatch.
5. Community Calendar for the week of December 10, 2017 ENTERTAINMENT