March 28, 2011 10:26:00 AM
· Home and church tours, tickets and general info: Columbus Cultural Heritage Foundation antebellum home, garden and church tours, plus special events, March 28-April 9. Tickets and more info: Tennessee Williams Welcome Center, 300 Main St.; 662-328-0222, 662-920-3533, or columbus-ms.org.
· Blues Around the Block kick-off party: Today, 5-8 p.m. on the lawn of the Welcome Center, 300 Main St. Shrimp and catfish poboys by Table of Plenty and live music by Mississippi''s Scott Albert Johnson.
· Tales from the Crypt: March 28, 30; April 1,4,6,8 nightly 7-10 p.m. at Friendship Cemetery. Bring the family to these dramatic re-enactments by Mississippi School for Math and Science students. $4 adults; $2 children. (Please arrive no later than 9 p.m. for the last walking tour.)n Noon Tunes: March 31 and April 7, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Welcome Center. Relax with live music and lunch available for purchase.
· 10K run: April 2, 8 a.m., departing from the Welcome Center. Register at runcyclegtr.org.
· Artisans Alley: April 2, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Welcome Center. Handmade period crafts and food available for purchase.
· Mayor''s Unity Picnic: April 2, 5 p.m. at the Columbus Riverwalk; free.
· Carriage rides: April 1, 2, 3, 8, 9. See the historic district from a different perspective.
· Book signings: April 2, 10 a.m. at the Welcome Center, with Barbara Sillery, author of "Hauntings of Mississippi," and April 9, 10 a.m., with Lynne Bryant, author of "Catfish Alley."
· Grilling on the River: April 8 (4-11 p.m.), April 9 (10 a.m.-6 p.m.) Kansas City Barbeque Society-sanctioned competition, food fair, vendors, family fun; free. Donations benefit the Columbus-Lowndes Humane Society.
· Tour of Kitchens: April 9, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Tour three Columbus kitchens, complete with craftsmen on hand and tastings from local restaurants, to benefit the Columbus Girlchoir ($20).
· Antique jewelry show: At White Arches during Pilgrimage tours, presented by Carlton Gorman.
· Double decker bus tours: Inquire at Welcome Center for times. $5 with purchase of a tour ticket; $8 without.
roscoe p. coltrain commented at 3/31/2011 11:51:00 PM:
What, no Poorly Maintained Ditch Tour? No Pothole Excursions? No All You Can Eat Cold Food Outings? No "Rasslin' Wid Da Mayor" Night?
4. Fall concert to celebrate MUW choral program ENTERTAINMENT
5. Out and About for the week of September 28, 2014 ENTERTAINMENT