August 10, 2012 10:50:05 AM
The Golden Triangle is within easy traveling distance of some of the best entertainment and events in the region. Support all your community has to offer, but when you're on the road, these might pique your interest. Concerts are evening performances, unless otherwise noted. Be aware, some venues add "convenience fees" to ticket prices.
Through Aug. 18 - Yocona International Folk Festival, Oxford and other locations. yoconafestival.org.
Aug. 21 - The Bama Art House Fall Film Series opens with "To Rome With Love," Bama Theatre, Tuscaloosa ($7). For the fall lineup of independent films, visit bamatheatre.org/bamaarthouse. 205-758-5195.
Aug. 24 - Art Garfunkel, Riley Center, Meridian ($59-65). 601-696-2200 or msurileycenter.com.
Aug. 25 - Tedeschi Trucks Band and B.B. King, Tuscaloosa Amphitheater ($55). 205-248-5280 or tuscaloosaamphitheater.com.
- Meridian Symphony Orchestra performing with Cirque de la Symphonie, Temple Theater, Meridian. 601-693-5353 or meridianso.org.
Aug. 31 - Chicago with Kool & the Gang, Tuscaloosa Amphitheater ($60). 205-248-5280 or tuscaloosaamphitheater.com.
Sept. 7 - North Mississippi Allstars (and Missing Cats, featuring Jojo Hermann and Sherman Ewing), Lyric Theatre, Oxford ($15). 662-234-5333 or thelyricoxford.com.
Sept. 11 - Train (with Matt Kearney, Andy Grammer), Tuscaloosa Amphitheater ($53). 205-248-5280 or tuscaloossaamphitheater.com.
- Elton John, Mississippi Coliseum, Jackson ($77-137). 800-745-3000 or ticketmaster.com.
Sept. 13 - Alan Jackson, Tuscaloosa Amphitheater ($27-65). 205-248-5280 or tuscaloosaamphitheater.com.
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and Asleep at the Wheel, Riley Center, Meridian ($34-40). 601-696-2200 or msurileycenter.com.
- Emmitt-Nershi Band and Della Mae, Down on Main Concert Series, Fairpark Amphitheater, Tupelo (Free). 662-841-6598 or tupelodownonmain.com.
Sept. 14 - Kelly Clarkson (with The Fray), Tuscaloosa Amphitheater. 205-248-5280 or tuscaloosaamphitheater.com.
2. Dunkelberg takes to the fiddle for upcoming show ENTERTAINMENT
5. Sounds of Summer set for June 9 kickoff ENTERTAINMENT