September 29, 2012 6:00:38 PM
Oct. 4 - Gotye (with Missy Higgins and Jonti), Tuscaloosa Amphitheater. 205-248-5280 or tuscaloosaamphitheater.com.
Oct. 5-14 - Theatre Tuscaloosa presents "The Dixie Swim Club. 205-391-2277 or theatretusc.com.
Oct. 6 - Pat Metheny, Riley Center, Meridian ($37-43). 601-696-2200 or msurileycenter.com.
- Kentuck Art Night, art exhibits, live music, 503 Main Ave., Northport, Ala., 5-9 p.m. 205-758-1257 or email@example.com.
Oct. 11 - The Avett Brothers (with Grace Potter and the Nocturnals), Tuscaloosa Amphitheater. 205-248-5280 or tuscaloosaamphitheater.com.
Oct. 11-17 - Meridian Little Theatre presents "Cats." 601-482-6371 or meridianlittletheatre.com.
Oct. 12 - Chili Fest, downtown Tupelo, all day. 662-841-6598 or tupelomainstreet.com.
Oct. 17 - The Lumineers (with Paper Bird), The Lyric Theatre, Oxford ($17). 662-234-5333 or thelyricoxford.com.
Oct. 18 - Emmylou Harris and the Red Dirt Boys, Riley Center, Meridian ($52-58). 601-696-2200 or msurileycenter.com.
Oct. 18-20/25-27 - Tupelo Community Theatre's "Haunted Theatre," Lyric Theatre, Tupelo ($10). 662-844-1935 or tct.webpage.com.
Oct. 19-21 - Great Mississippi River Balloon Race (with North Mississippi Allstars, Pat Green, The Revivalists, more), Natchez. 601-850-3432 r natchezballoonrace.com.
Oct. 20 - Meridian Symphony Orchestra presents "A Scottish Fantasy," with violinist Brandon Garbot, Riley Center, Meridian ($24-35). 601-696-2200 or msurileycenter.com.
- Harvest Fair, Oren Dunn City Museum, Tupelo, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Scarecrow exhibit, games, live music, demos of life in the 1800s. Free. 662-841-6438 or orendunnmuseum.org.
Oct. 24-27 - Sanctuary Hospice House Celebration Village (gifts, home decor, gourmet foods, etc.), Tupelo Furniture Market. 662-844-2111 or sanctuaryhospicehouse.com.
Oct. 25 - Neil Young and Crazy Horse (with Alabama Shakes), Tuscaloosa Amphitheater ($44-135). 205-248-5280 or tuscaloosamphitheater.com.
Oct. 26 - John Prine, The Bama Theatre, Tuscaloosa ($50-60). 877-435-9849 or ticketfly.com.
Oct. 29 - Tuscaloosa Symphony Orchestra Spooktacular, UAB Moody Hall, Tuscaloosa, 7 p.m. Tickets at tsoonline.org/tickets/.
2. Hot Mississippi blues will honor late Willie King ENTERTAINMENT
3. MUW festival puts spotlight on music by women ENTERTAINMENT
4. Former U.S. poet laureate to give reading Wednesday ENTERTAINMENT
5. Thursday talk features Southern Gardening's Bachman ENTERTAINMENT