November 17, 2012 6:43:10 PM
Through Jan. 21 - Public ice skating, BancorpSouth Arena, Tupelo. $8/skater (includes skate rental). For specific dates, visit bcsarena.com, 662-841-6573.
Nov. 29-Dec. 27 - Vintage toy exhibit, Oren Dunn Museum, Tupelo. 662-841-6438 or orendunnmuseum.org.
Nov. 30-Dec. 4 - Chimneyville Crafts Festival, Mississippi Trade Mart, Jackson. 601-856-7546 or mscrafts.org.
Nov. 30-Dec. 9 - Theatre Tuscaloosa presents "Godspell." 205-391-2277 or theatretusc.com.
Dec. 6-8 - Tupelo Community Theatre presents "Miracle on 34th Street." 662-844-1935 or tctwebstage.com.
Dec. 10 - Tuscaloosa Symphony presents "Christmas Around the World," 7 p.m., Moody Hall, Tuscaloosa. tsoonline.
Dec. 14 - Martin Short, Alys Stephens Center, Birmingham. 205-975-9540 or alysstephens.uab.edu.
Dec. 14-16 - "Nutcracker," with the University of Alabama Department of Theatre and area dancers, 7 p.m. and 2 p.m., Bama Theatre, Tuscaloosa ($12-21). 205-752-4220 or bamatheatre.org.
- Ballet Magnificat presents "Snow Queen," Thalia Mara Hall, Jackson (one night, two day-time performances) ($13-40). 601-960-1537 or balletmagnificat.com.
Dec. 15 - John Tesh Big Band Christmas, Riley Center, Meridian ($52-58). 601-696-2200 or msurileycenter.com.
- Ralph Stanley and his Clinch Mountain Boys, Workplay Theatre, Birmingham. www.workplay.com
Dec. 15-16 - Handel's "Messiah" with the Alabama Symphony Orchestra Chorus, Alys Stephens Center, Birmingham ($39-80). 205-975-9540 or alysstephens.uab.edu.
2. Thursday talk features Southern Gardening's Bachman ENTERTAINMENT
3. MUW festival puts spotlight on music by women ENTERTAINMENT
4. Hot Mississippi blues will honor late Willie King ENTERTAINMENT
5. Former U.S. poet laureate to give reading Wednesday ENTERTAINMENT