August 25, 2013 11:31:21 AM
Aug. 27 - Backstreet Boys (with DJ Pauly D), Tuscaloosa Amphitheater ($26-82). 205-248-5280 or tuscaloosaamphitheater.com.
Aug. 28 - Backstreet Boys (with Jesse McCartney, DJ Pauly D), BancorpSouth Arena, Tupelo. ($33-75). 662-841-6528 or bcsarena.com.
Aug. 29 - Casting Crowns (with Francesca Battistelli), Tuscaloosa Amphitheater ($26-72). 205-248-5280 or tuscaloosaamphitheater.com.
- Cellist Cicely Parnas, Alys Stephens Center, Birmingham ($20-38). 877-277-8457 or alysstephens.org.
Sept. 6-7 - Kennedy Bluegrass Festival (Sept. 6, 3-9 p.m.; Sept. 7, 10 a.m.-9 p.m.), Kennedy ball field, Kennedy, Ala.
Sept. 7 - An Evening with Judy Collins and the Tuscaloosa Symphony Orchestra; Bama Theatre, Tuscaloosa. ($35-55). 205-758-5195 or bamatheatre.org/buytickets.
Sept. 9 - Mumford & Sons (with The Vaccines, Bear's Den), Oak Mountain Theatre, Pelham, Ala.
Sept. 10 - The Black Crowes, Iron City, Birmingham ($55). ironcitybham.com.
Sept. 12 - Down on Main (The Como Mamas, Afrissippi, Galactic), Fairpark Amphitheatre, Tupelo; 6:30 p.m. (free). 662-841-6598 or tupelodownonmain.com.
Sept. 14 - 44th annual Fayette Arts Festival, Guthrie Smith Park, Highway 43 North, Fayette, Ala. 205-932-8727 or fayetteartmuseum.vpweb.com.
- Night Hike on the Natchez Trace, Parkway Visitor Center (at milepost 266 near Tupelo), 7-8 p.m. 662-680-4027 or email Amy_genke@nps.gov.
Sept. 16 - Fun. (with special guests Tegan and Sara), Tuscaloosa Amphitheater ($20-40). 205-248-5280 or tuscaloosaamphitheater.com.
Sept. 19 - Jazz Hall of Fame member Eric Essix, Alys Stephens Center, Birmingham ($39). 877-277-8457 or alysstephens.org.
Sept. 20 - Oxford Artists Guild Show, Chancery Court building lot on the Square, Oxford, 9-5 p.m.
3. 'The Pot of Gold': Lighten up with a Roman comedy ENTERTAINMENT
4. Community Calendar for the week of September 24, 2017 ENTERTAINMENT
5. Keenum to speak at historical society event Wednesday ENTERTAINMENT