March 22, 2014 3:42:03 PM
March 27-29 - Southern Literary Festival (writers, scholars, book-lovers celebrate Southern literature), University of Mississippi. southernliteraryfestival.com.
April 2-3 - Music of the South (panels, exhibits, performances), The Center for Study of Southern Culture, Oxford. southernstudies.olemiss.edu.
April 3 - Southern Soul Assembly: JJ Grey, Anders Osborne, Marc Broussard, Luther Dickinson. Riley Center, Meridian ($33-39). 662-696-2200 or msurileycenter.com.
April 4-6 - Aberdeen Southern Heritage Pilgrimage (homes, storytellers, cemetery tours, more). 800-634-3538 or aberdeenpilgrimage.com.
- New Albany "Wings into Spring" Home and Garden Show, Union County Fairgrounds, New Albany. Free. 662-534-1917 or newalbanygardening.com.
April 5 - Cantus (male vocal ensemble), Ford Center, Oxford ($28-34). 662-915-2787 or fordcenter.org.
April 9 - Prophets of Funk, David Dorfman Dance; Ford Center, Oxford ($33). 662-915-2787 or fordcenter.org.
April 10-12 - Juke Joint Festival (music, arts, crafts, food), Clarksdale. 662-624-5992 or jukejointfestival.com.
April 12 - John Prine (with Holly Williams), Riley Center, Meridian ($62-68). 662-696-2200 or msurileycenter.com.
- Mary Donnelly Haskell and Friends, Ford Center, Oxford ($39-50). 662-915-2787 or fordcenter.org.
- Fayette Arts Festival, Fayette, Ala., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 25-May 4 - New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival (Clapton, Springsteen, Plant, Fogerty, Santana, Lovett, Aguilera, Avett Brothers, Phish, Arcade Fire, many more). nojazzfest.com.
May 2 - Eric Clapton (with ZZ Ward), Oak Mountain Amphitheatre, Birmingham ($80-136 plus fees). livenation.com.
May 2-4 - Beale Street Music Festival (Patti LaBelle, Chick Corea, Fitz & the Tantrums, Alabama Shakes, many more), Tom Lee Park, Memphis. (3-day pass $85; single day $35). memphisinmay.org/musicfestival.
May 23-25 - Delta Country Jam Music Festival (Keith Urban, Florida Georgia Line, Dierks Bentley, Lucero, many more), Big River Park, Tunica (special pricing March 14-April 15). 800-745-3000 or ticketmaster.com.
2. Trumpeter Huff in 'Messiah' spotlight ENTERTAINMENT
3. Boys and Girls Club adds a little Motown to Christmas ENTERTAINMENT
5. Community Calendar for the week of December 4, 2016 ENTERTAINMENT