April 26, 2014 6:17:19 PM
Now through May 4 - New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival (Clapton, Springsteen, Plant, Fogerty, Santana, Lovett, Aguilera, Avett Brothers, Phish, Arcade Fire, more). nojazzfest.com.
May 1 - Kentuck Art Night (live music, open artist studios), Courtyard of Wonders, downtown Northport, Ala.; 5-8 p.m. kentuck.org.
May 1-3 - "9 to 5" the musical, Tupelo Community Theatre, Lyric Theatre, Tupelo. 662-844-1935.
May 2 - Eric Clapton (with ZZ Ward), Oak Mountain Amphitheatre, Birmingham ($80-136). 855-346-5611 or oakmountain.ticketofficesales.com.
- Amy Grant, Riley Center, Meridian ($53-59). 662-696-2200 or msurileycenter.com.
May 2-4 - Beale Street Music Festival (Patti LaBelle, Chick Corea, Fitz & the Tantrums, Alabama Shakes, more), Tom Lee Park, Memphis. (3-day pass $85; single day $35). memphisinmay.org/musicfestival.
- Blue Suede Cruise, car show/live entertainment, Tupelo (free). bluesc.com or 662-842-4242.
May 3 - Lady Antebellum, Kip Moore, Kacey Musgraves, Oak Mountain Amphitheatre, Birmingham. 855-346-5611 or oakmountain.ticketofficesales.com.
- Tony Joe White, Workplay Theatre, Birmingham, 18+ ($15). 205-879-4773 or workplay.com.
May 6 - Moscow Ballet "Cinderella," Riley Center, Meridian ($24-38). 662-696-2200 or msurileycenter.com.
May 10 - Bill Cosby, BancorpSouth Arena, Tupelo ($56-77). 662-841-6528 or bcsarena.com.
- Pioneer Day at French Camp (square dancing, crafts vendors, live music), 9 a.m.-7 p.m. frenchcamp.org.
May 10-11 - GumTree Festival (juried arts, music, children's activities), Courthouse Square, Tupelo. gumtreefestival.com or 662-844-2787.
1. W to host provocative exhibition of contemporary art ENTERTAINMENT
3. MSU to hold Freedom Summer Conference COMMUNITY