April 26, 2014 6:17:19 PM
Now through May 4 - New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival (Clapton, Springsteen, Plant, Fogerty, Santana, Lovett, Aguilera, Avett Brothers, Phish, Arcade Fire, more). nojazzfest.com.
May 1 - Kentuck Art Night (live music, open artist studios), Courtyard of Wonders, downtown Northport, Ala.; 5-8 p.m. kentuck.org.
May 1-3 - "9 to 5" the musical, Tupelo Community Theatre, Lyric Theatre, Tupelo. 662-844-1935.
May 2 - Eric Clapton (with ZZ Ward), Oak Mountain Amphitheatre, Birmingham ($80-136). 855-346-5611 or oakmountain.ticketofficesales.com.
- Amy Grant, Riley Center, Meridian ($53-59). 662-696-2200 or msurileycenter.com.
May 2-4 - Beale Street Music Festival (Patti LaBelle, Chick Corea, Fitz & the Tantrums, Alabama Shakes, more), Tom Lee Park, Memphis. (3-day pass $85; single day $35). memphisinmay.org/musicfestival.
- Blue Suede Cruise, car show/live entertainment, Tupelo (free). bluesc.com or 662-842-4242.
May 3 - Lady Antebellum, Kip Moore, Kacey Musgraves, Oak Mountain Amphitheatre, Birmingham. 855-346-5611 or oakmountain.ticketofficesales.com.
- Tony Joe White, Workplay Theatre, Birmingham, 18+ ($15). 205-879-4773 or workplay.com.
May 6 - Moscow Ballet "Cinderella," Riley Center, Meridian ($24-38). 662-696-2200 or msurileycenter.com.
May 10 - Bill Cosby, BancorpSouth Arena, Tupelo ($56-77). 662-841-6528 or bcsarena.com.
- Pioneer Day at French Camp (square dancing, crafts vendors, live music), 9 a.m.-7 p.m. frenchcamp.org.
May 10-11 - GumTree Festival (juried arts, music, children's activities), Courthouse Square, Tupelo. gumtreefestival.com or 662-844-2787.
2. MUW festival puts spotlight on music by women ENTERTAINMENT
3. Hot Mississippi blues will honor late Willie King ENTERTAINMENT
4. Former U.S. poet laureate to give reading Wednesday ENTERTAINMENT
5. Thursday talk features Southern Gardening's Bachman ENTERTAINMENT