June 21, 2014 10:05:47 PM
June 26 - Eric Benet, Riley Center, Meridian ($42-48). 601-696-2200 or msurileycenter.com.
June 27-28 - North Mississippi Hill Country Picnic (Kenny Brown Band, Alvin Youngblood Hart, many more), Waterford, Miss. nmshillcountrypicnic.com.
June 28 - Southern Rock & Roll Blues Show, Bama Theatre, Tuscaloosa, Ala. 205-758-5195 or bamatheatre.org.
- Pine Mountain Bluegrass Jamboree, Remlap, Alabama. 205-681-8643.
- Pioneer Day (living history demos, music, more), Natchez Trace Parkway Visitor Center, near milepost 266 near Tupelo, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. (free). 662-680-4027 or nps.gov/natr.
July 3 - Mary J. Blige, Tuscaloosa Amphitheater. 205-248-5280 or tuscaloosaamphitheater.com.
July 4 - Fourth of July Celebration on the River (Tuscaloosa Symphony Orchestra, pops, fireworks), Tuscaloosa Amphitheater, 6 p.m. ($5/$10 family 4-pack; children 5 and under free). 205-248-5280 or tuscaloosaamphitheaeter.com.
July 11 - The Beach Boys, BancorpSouth Center, Tupelo. 662-841-6528 or bcsarena.com.
- Miranda Lambert (with Neal McCoy and RaeLynn), Tuscaloosa Amphitheater. 205-248-5280 or tuscaloosaamphitheater.com.
2. MUW festival puts spotlight on music by women ENTERTAINMENT
3. Hot Mississippi blues will honor late Willie King ENTERTAINMENT
4. Former U.S. poet laureate to give reading Wednesday ENTERTAINMENT
5. Thursday talk features Southern Gardening's Bachman ENTERTAINMENT