August 18, 2013
Marian Montgomery of Columbus and the Rev. Donald Wood Chancellor Jr. of Como were married June 15, 2013, at 4 p.m. at St. Paulís Episcopal Church, with the Right Rev. Duncan Montgomery Gray III and the Rev. Anne Harris officiating. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Billy Joe Montgomery of Columbus. She is the granddaughter of Mrs. Oscar Vanderbilt Cotton of Florence and the late Oscar Vanderbilt Cotton, and the late Mr. and Mrs. Charles Warren Montgomery of Edwards. The bride was given in marriage by her father. Her ivory, English net strapless gown featured a tucked bodice with embellished band, full A-line skirt with hand-embroidered lace motifs and lace scallop at the hem and a chapel train. Elizabeth Pryor Callaway of New York served as maid of honor. Serving as bridesmaids were Sarah Elizabeth Montgomery of Macon, niece of the bride, and Anne Hardin Hiatt of Meridian, niece of the groom. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Lester Manly Chancellor Jr. of Meridian, and the late Mrs. Donald Wood Chancellor Sr of Macon. He is the grandson of the late Mr. and Mrs. Kermit D. Bird of Sikeston, Mo., and the late Ms. Lester Manly Chancellor of Macon. Jeffrey Warren Montgomery of Macon, brother of the bride, served as best man. Charles Garner Montgomery of Macon, nephew of the bride, served as groomsman. Following a wedding trip to Key West, Fla., the couple resides in Como, where the groom is vicar of Holy Innocents Episcopal Church and the bride is lead coordinator at the Center for Distance Education at Mississippi State University.
1. Father of woman charged with providing New Hope teen alcohol speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Hilton: Hospital report filled with misleading data STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Charlie Burgin, local singing legend, dies at age 69 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Accident leads to numerous charges for Starkville man STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. City hires public defender for Municipal Court COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY