June 27, 2009
Tara Mixon of Memphis, Tenn. and Lovell Seals, of Kansas City, Mo. were married June 20, 2009, at Cozumel, Mexico. The bride is the daughter of Ms. Barbara Mixon of Columbus and Mr. George Mixon of Broooksville. She is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ellis T. Jones of Columbus and Mr. and Mrs. Abraham Monroe of Broooksville. The bride was given in marriage by her father. She has a bachelor's of business degree from the University of Memphis, a master's of business administration from Strayer University and a master's of arts in education from Union University. The groom is the son of Ms. Eilean Jones and Mr. Pete Washington, both of Kansas City, Mo. He is the grandson of Ms. Opal Ransberry and Esaw Charles, both of Kansas City, Mo. He has a bachelor's of arts degree from Xavier University of New Orleans. The couple reside in Memphis, Tenn., where the groom is employed as an educator, entrepreneur, and a real estate investor and the bride is a middle school teacher and a college professor at the University of Phoenix. A wedding reception was given June 27, 2009 in Memphis, Tenn.
1. ATV outing at Magby Creek turns tragic, two children feared drowned COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. One child found dead, search continues for brother COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus teen turns himself in for murder COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Suspect sought in morning shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. EMCC's renovation at Lion Hills nears completion COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY