June 22, 2014
Lieutenant Colonel (Ret.) and Mrs. Robert McKinney Rush of Ethelsville, Alabama, announce the marriage of their daughter, Amber-Leigh Rush of Rochester, Minnesota, to Jonathan David Orth of Rochester, the son of Mr. and Mrs. Jeffery Orth of Rochester. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Mrs. Mary Kate Shelton of Ethelsville and the late Mr. Thomas H. Shelton, and the late Mr. and Mrs. Jerry D. Rush. She is a 2006 honor graduate of Heritage Academy and a 2011 cum laude graduate of the University of Alabama, where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing and was named Most Outstanding Nursing Student, was the president of Ambassadors, a McNair Scholar, and a member of Gamma Phi Beta Sorority. She is currently a registered nurse at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester while pursuing an advanced degree to become a critical care nurse practitioner. The prospective groom is the grandson of Mrs. Shirley Orth of Austin, Minnesota, and the late Mr. David Orth, and Mr. and Mrs. Idore Larson of Austin. He is a 2003 graduate of Mayo High School and a 2009 summa cum laude graduate of Metropolitan State University in St. Paul, Minnesota, where he earned a bachelorís degree in marketing. He is currently employed by the License Bureau of Minnesota in Rochester. The couple will exchange vows July 4, 2014, at 4:30 p.m. at Mayowood Stone Barn in Rochester.
1. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Restaurant tax: Smith, Younger agree on reducing restaurant tax floor COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Police searching for suspect in death of Starkville woman STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY