June 22, 2014
Lieutenant Colonel (Ret.) and Mrs. Robert McKinney Rush of Ethelsville, Alabama, announce the marriage of their daughter, Amber-Leigh Rush of Rochester, Minnesota, to Jonathan David Orth of Rochester, the son of Mr. and Mrs. Jeffery Orth of Rochester. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Mrs. Mary Kate Shelton of Ethelsville and the late Mr. Thomas H. Shelton, and the late Mr. and Mrs. Jerry D. Rush. She is a 2006 honor graduate of Heritage Academy and a 2011 cum laude graduate of the University of Alabama, where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing and was named Most Outstanding Nursing Student, was the president of Ambassadors, a McNair Scholar, and a member of Gamma Phi Beta Sorority. She is currently a registered nurse at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester while pursuing an advanced degree to become a critical care nurse practitioner. The prospective groom is the grandson of Mrs. Shirley Orth of Austin, Minnesota, and the late Mr. David Orth, and Mr. and Mrs. Idore Larson of Austin. He is a 2003 graduate of Mayo High School and a 2009 summa cum laude graduate of Metropolitan State University in St. Paul, Minnesota, where he earned a bachelorís degree in marketing. He is currently employed by the License Bureau of Minnesota in Rochester. The couple will exchange vows July 4, 2014, at 4:30 p.m. at Mayowood Stone Barn in Rochester.
1. County 'blindsides' city with increased tax collection fee COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus man arrested for allegedly molesting child COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CHS championship basketball coach leaves after one year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Two injured when car crashes into Subway COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Woman arrested after allegedly attacking husband for third time this year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY