August 10, 2014
Vanessa Rodriguez and Robert Burt of Orlando, Florida, were married April 5, 2014, at 4:30 p.m. at Orlando First United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Tom McCloskey officiating. The bide is the daughter of Jose Rodriguez and Martha Gonzalez of Orlando. She was given in marriage by her mother and her brother, Esteban Rodriguez. She wore a formal gown of ivory satin, overlaid with organza and featuring lace appliqués embellished with seed pearls and sequins. The sweetheart neckline was accented with an asymmetrical shoulder strap fashioned with soft organza pleats and adorned with beaded lace. Her veil of silk illusion was fingertip length. Raychelle Bartlett of Austin, Texas, served as matron of honor. Serving as bridesmaids were Gretchin Ellsworth, Kate Binham, Kimberly Bradt and Kelli Bahan, all of Orlando, and Therese Gulbrandsen of Askim, Norway. Bridesmaids wore ballet pink street-length dresses, each with individual styling. The groom is the son of Stephen and Freida Burt of Columbus. Chad Browning of Dublin, Ohio, and Shawn Parker of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, served as best men. Serving as groomsmen were Zack Weagraff of Pittsburgh, Stephen Patterson of Orlando, Matt Jones of West Point, Arthur Glover of Brentwood, Tennessee, Chris Rivera of Black Hawk, South Dakota, and Chuck Weagraff of Kapolei, Hawaii. Following a Mediterranean cruise, the couple resides in Orlando, where the bride is an administrative assistant and facilities manager for Starwood Vacation Ownership and the groom is an account manager for FARO Technologies.
1. Air Force Base receives best-ever inspection rating in 2017 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Courage and class: New Hope teacher uses her breast cancer fight to impart life lessons COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Winning Market Street artist overcomes heavy odds COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Starkville works to improve cash monitoring after Parks embezzlement STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Tabernacle shooting suspect nabbed in Tennessee COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY