November 16, 2014
Brynne Taylor McSherry of Newport News, Virginia, and Conner William Nichols of Lubbock, Texas, were married July 12, 2014, at 10:30 a.m. at the chapel at Langley Air Force Base in Hampton, Virginia, with the Rev. Jeff Mingee officiating. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Thomas McSherry of Newport News. She is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. Curtis McSherry of Toano, Virginia, and Mr. and Mrs. James Walker of Martinsville, Virginia. She was given in marriage by her parents. The bride wore a mermaid-style, ivory lace gown with a sweetheart neckline and chapel-length train. A pearl-and-rhinestone encrusted belt enhanced the waistline. Regan McSherry of Newport News, sister of the bride, served as maid of honor. Bridesmaids were Tallyn Collins of Orlando, Florida, and Chelsea Abernathy of Gastonia, North Carolina. The attendants wore chiffon, knee-length, one-shoulder dresses in varying shades of coral. The groom is the son of Col. and Mrs. William S. Nichols, U. S. Air Force (retired), of Yorktown, Virginia. He is the grandson of Mr. and Mrs. William L. Nichols of Bossier City, Louisiana, and Mr. and Mrs. Stephen H. Cockerham of Columbus. The groom’s father served as best man. Groomsmen were Weston Nichols of Yorktown, brother of the groom, Reagan Nichols of Yorktown, brother of the groom, and Luke Jones of San Antonio. Following a trip to Gatlinburg, Tennessee, the couple resides in Lubbock, where the groom is a full-time student at Texas Tech University and a part-time sales associate at Academy Sporting Goods and the bride is an administrative assistant with the Texas Tech Club at Jones Stadium.
1. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Restaurant tax: Smith, Younger agree on reducing restaurant tax floor COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Police searching for suspect in death of Starkville woman STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY