March 1, 2015
Dr. Cara Hope Heath and Dr. Artemus Jennings Cox III were married Oct. 25, 2014, at 11 a.m. at The Botanical Gardens in Birmingham, Alabama, with the Rev. Wade Cox officiating. The bride is the daughter of Mr. Jimmy Heath of Blakely, Georgia, and Ms. Carol Jones of Dothan, Alabama. She is the granddaughter of Mrs. June Jones and the late Mr. Julius Jones of Blakely, and Mrs. Geraldine Heath and the late Mr. Herman Heath of Headland, Alabama. The groom is the son of Mr. A. Jennings Cox Jr. of Columbus, and Ms. Susan Sadler Hayman of Oxford. He is the grandson of the late Mr. and Mrs. A. Jennings Cox Sr. of Columbus, and the late Mr. and Mrs. J. Kenneth Sadler of Biloxi. White hydrangeas and roses, and music with bluegrass flair highlighted the wedding where, in keeping with their biking theme “Better Together,” the couple’s send-off was on a red tandem bicycle. They currently reside in Birmingham, where the groom is an associate professor of surgery at the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine and the bride is in her third year of residency in anesthesiology at UAB.
1. Air Force Base receives best-ever inspection rating in 2017 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Courage and class: New Hope teacher uses her breast cancer fight to impart life lessons COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Winning Market Street artist overcomes heavy odds COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Starkville works to improve cash monitoring after Parks embezzlement STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Tabernacle shooting suspect nabbed in Tennessee COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY