May 3, 2015
Savannah Marie Rushing and Robert Anthony D’Alessandro were married Oct. 25, 2014, at 5:30 p.m. at the Hewlett Barn in Starkville, with Chip Stevens officiating. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Edward E. Rushing of Columbus. She is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. Jimmy Chism, Mr. Amos Rushing, and the late Mr. and the Mrs. G.G. Billingsley. She was given in marriage by her father. She wore an ivory gown with a sweetheart neckline featuring a sheer lace bateau neck overlay and an A-line skirt of textured organza with a chapel train. Anna Prather of Clinton and Katie Vanderheide of Madison, Alabama, served as matrons of honor. Sunnie Rushing, sister of the bride, served as maid of honor. Bridesmaids were Haley Cowan of Ridgeland, Torie D’Allesandro of Cocoa, Florida, Tina Evans of Memphis, Tennessee, Katie Gillon of Columbus, Ashley Reese of Kosciusko, Anna Merritt Roberts of Tupelo and Kristen Sedberry of Caledonia. Attendants chose their own neutral color dresses. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Robert D’Alessandro of Cocoa. He is the grandson of Mr. and Mrs. Carl Rohdenburg of Summerfield, Florida. Joe Vonderheide of Madison, Alabama, served as best man. Groomsmen were Jacob Allen of Hattiesburg, Deryk Rankin of Chicago, Chase Richardson of Clinton and Thomas Webb of Little Rock, Arkansas. Following a wedding trip to Charleston, South Carolina, the couple resides in Starkville. The groom is the director of media at First Baptist Church in Starkville, and the bride is a teacher with the Lowndes County School System.
1. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. SFD investigating Walmart fire as arson STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Restaurant tax: Smith, Younger agree on reducing restaurant tax floor COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY