August 9, 2015
Cheltsi Daniel and Derrick Saucer of Columbus were married May 9, 2015, at 5 p.m. at The Poor House in Starkville, with the Rev. Randy Rigdon officiating. The bride is the daughter of James Daniel of Columbus, and Dana and Marvin Beard of Ethelsville, Alabama. She is the granddaughter of Nancy and Tommy Prestridge of Ethelsville, and the late J.B. and Betty Jean Daniel of Macon. She wore a floor-length, chiffon gown with V-neckline and sheer, beaded lace straps and back. Mandi McNamara of Tucson, Arizona, served as matron of honor. Misty Harris of Columbus served as maid of honor. Attendants wore royal blue, sleeveless knee-length dresses with lace. The groom is the son of Rick and Lynn Saucer of Columbus. He is the grandson of Nellie Caldwell and the late T. A. Caldwell of Columbus, and Lois Saucer and the late Tommie Saucer of Greenville, Alabama. Chris Goodman of Columbus, brother of the groom, served as best man. Michael Dowdy of Columbus served as groomsman. Following a wedding trip cruise to Cozumel, Mexico, the couple resides in New Hope, where the bride is a registered nurse in the emergency room at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle, and the groom is an electrician in Columbus.
1. Air Force Base receives best-ever inspection rating in 2017 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Courage and class: New Hope teacher uses her breast cancer fight to impart life lessons COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Winning Market Street artist overcomes heavy odds COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Starkville works to improve cash monitoring after Parks embezzlement STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Tabernacle shooting suspect nabbed in Tennessee COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY