September 20, 2015
Megan Andrews and Jonathan Rushing were married June 27, 2015, at 11 a.m. at Macedonia Free Will Baptist Church, with the Rev. Luke Bozeman officiating. The bride is the daughter of Shane Andrews of Columbus and Tammy Fowler of Millport, Alabama. She is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. Larry Andrews of Columbus, Christine Bailey of Opelika, Alabama, and the late Charles Bailey of Gordo, Alabama. She was given in marriage by her father. She wore an ivory ball gown featuring a sheer lace neckline, fitted lace bodice and full tulle skirt with a keyhole back. She carried a hand-tied bouquet of lavender and baby’s breath. Jodie Fields of Southaven served as maid of honor. Bridesmaids were Victoria Miller of Tuscaloosa, Alabama, Megan Overstreet of Lancaster, South Carolina, and Krista Woods of Vernon, Alabama. Attendants wore floor-length taupe gowns. Sadie Fowler and Lilly Overstreet served as flower girls. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Keith Rushing of Kennedy, Alabama. He is the grandson of Mr. and Mrs. Luther Rushing of Kennedy. The groom’s father served as best man. Groomsmen were Mark Dove of Kennedy, Eric Adams of Liberty, Alabama, and Todd Leonard of Millport. Ryan Fowler served as ring bearer. The couple resides in Kennedy, where the groom is a supervisor at Steel Dust Recycling LLC in Millport and the bride is a dental assistant at Vernon Dental Clinic in Vernon.
1. Lee Middle deal possibly a month away COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Innovation Challenge gives young entrepreneurs a head start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CAFB air show reduced to one day COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY