November 22, 2015
Jennifer Marie Strickland and Jordan Howell, both of Ocean Springs, were married Aug. 22, 2015, at 5 p.m. at the Biloxi Yacht Club in Biloxi, with Melvin Norris officiating. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. James Strickland Jr. of Columbus. She is the granddaughter of Mrs. Lee Strickland and the late James Strickland Sr. of Columbus. She was given in marriage by her father. The bride wore a white silk, floor-length organza gown with fitted bodice with ruffles, and a wide purple sash. She carried a bouquet of white trumpet lilies, lilies of the valley, and gardenias, with garnishes of purple lace. Holly Strickland, sister of the bride, served as the maid of honor. Bridesmaids were Sara Strickland of New York City, cousin of the bride; and Bonnie Dowden of Winnsboro, Louisiana. Attendants wore purple satin and net evening dresses and carried bouquets of white roses with purple and silver lace. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Michael Howell of Ocean Springs. He is the grandson of Mr. and Mrs. John Nixon of Moss Point. Jayson Coleman served as best man. Groomsmen were Skyler Howler of Ocean Springs, brother of the groom; and Jerald Saucier of Ocean Springs.
1. Lee Middle deal possibly a month away COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Innovation Challenge gives young entrepreneurs a head start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CAFB air show reduced to one day COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY