November 22, 2015
Carolyn Mary Joan Cooper and Steven Lidell Howard Jr. were married June 27, 2015, at 6 p.m. at First Baptist Church in Starkville, with the Rev. Dr. Randy Warren Turner officiating. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Tommy Sevear Cooper of Columbus. She is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. Kenneth Raymond Parton, and Ms. Betty Wisniewski and the late Mr. Tom Herbert. Serving as matrons of honor were Margaret Rollins and Arie Carlton. Bridesmaids were Lacy Cooper, sister-in-law of the bride; Sarah Migues, sister of the groom; Sarah Hardy, cousin of the bride; Chelsey Harris; Lindsay Blankenship; Caroline Tipton; Lucy Rhett; Meg Gilliam; Dana Delk; Kelly Brigham; and Blake James. Bailey Mason, cousin of the groom, served as flower girl. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Steven Lidell Howard Sr. of Laurel. He is the grandson of Mr. and Mrs. Whitney Lidell Howard of Laurel, and the late Arnell and Jettye Hindman of Louisville. The groom’s father served as best man. Groomsmen were Thomas Cooper and Robert Cooper, brothers of the bride; Jordan Migues, brother-in-law of the groom; Harris Gibson; Will Fowlkes; Ryan Walker; James Durham; Mackenzie Parker; John Lucas; Denton Pettus; and Tyler Harris. Anders Griffin and Harris Griffin served as ring bearers. Following a wedding trip to Antigua, the couple resides in Hattiesburg, where the groom oversees development and sales of Howard Store and the bride is a childcare provider.
1. Lee Middle deal possibly a month away COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Innovation Challenge gives young entrepreneurs a head start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CAFB air show reduced to one day COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY