September 11, 2009
Pamela Suzanne Coker of Birmingham, Ala., and Kevin Douglas Long of Columbus, were married May, 9, 2009, at 6 p.m., at Orange Beach, Ala., with the Rev. Alan McBride officiating. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Jack Coker of Birmingham. She is the granddaughter of Mrs. Mattie Coker and the late Mr. Paul Coker of Birmingham, and Mrs. Beatrice Letson and the late Mr. Leonard Letson of Moulton, Ala. The bride was given in marriage by her father. She wore a strapless Alfred Angelo gown in white with crystals and pearl beading from the front bodice and extending to the back. The gown had a natural waistline and chapel-length train. She carried a hand-tied bouquet of three shades of pink roses and stargazer lilies. April Coker, sister of the bride, of Birmingham, served as maid of honor. Lisa Hartley, sister of the bride, of Tuscaloosa, Ala., and Amy Long, sister of the groom, of Oxford, served as bridesmaids. The groom is the son of Doug and Sande Long of Columbus and Patricia and James Price of Columbus. He is the grandson of Mr. and Mrs. Benjamin Long of Columbus, the late Ms. Mary Hammett of Columbus and the late Mr. Early Whitten of Columbus. Mr. Doug Long, father of the groom, served as best man. Spencer Long, brother of the groom, of Columbus, Jay Blackburn of Rome, Ga., Bo Edmiston of Columbus and Brad Smith of Hattiesburg, served as groomsmen. Following a stay in Orange Beach, the couple resides in Columbus. She is employed at Family Medical Center, and he is employed at Price Termite and Pest Control.
1. CMSD funding request alarms mayor, council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Early College High School grows in second year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mother arrested after newborn tests positive for drugs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. 'World Changers' serves Golden Triangle for third year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hattiesburg passes over SOCSD official for superintendent STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY