March 27, 2016
Sarah Virden Gillis and Matthew Ross Quinn were married March 19, 2016, at 12:30 p.m. at St. Paulís Episcopal Church in Columbus, with the Rev. Sandra DePriest and the Very Rev. Anne Harris officiating. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. William Francis Gillis of Columbus. She is the granddaughter of the late Mr. Joseph Willis Martin and his widow, Martha, the late Mrs. Frank Joseph Alvarez of Greenville, and the late Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Francis Gillis of Ormond Beach, Florida, and Greenville. She was given in marriage by her parents. Mrs. Thomas Richard DeBray Jr. of Birmingham, Alabama, attended the bride. Madeline Seay Quinn, niece of the groom, served as flower girl. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. James Wilson Quinn of Memphis, Tennessee. He is the grandson of the late Chief Master Sergeant and Mrs. Benjamin Coley Morgan of Charleston, Mississippi, and Mrs. William Murray Quinn and the late Mr. Quinn of Memphis. The groom was attended by his father. William Morgan Quinn Jr., nephew of the groom, served as ring bearer. Following a honeymoon in Seaside, Florida, the couple resides in Oxford.
1. Air Force Base receives best-ever inspection rating in 2017 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Courage and class: New Hope teacher uses her breast cancer fight to impart life lessons COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Winning Market Street artist overcomes heavy odds COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Starkville works to improve cash monitoring after Parks embezzlement STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Tabernacle shooting suspect nabbed in Tennessee COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY