March 27, 2016
Sarah Virden Gillis and Matthew Ross Quinn were married March 19, 2016, at 12:30 p.m. at St. Paulís Episcopal Church in Columbus, with the Rev. Sandra DePriest and the Very Rev. Anne Harris officiating. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. William Francis Gillis of Columbus. She is the granddaughter of the late Mr. Joseph Willis Martin and his widow, Martha, the late Mrs. Frank Joseph Alvarez of Greenville, and the late Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Francis Gillis of Ormond Beach, Florida, and Greenville. She was given in marriage by her parents. Mrs. Thomas Richard DeBray Jr. of Birmingham, Alabama, attended the bride. Madeline Seay Quinn, niece of the groom, served as flower girl. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. James Wilson Quinn of Memphis, Tennessee. He is the grandson of the late Chief Master Sergeant and Mrs. Benjamin Coley Morgan of Charleston, Mississippi, and Mrs. William Murray Quinn and the late Mr. Quinn of Memphis. The groom was attended by his father. William Morgan Quinn Jr., nephew of the groom, served as ring bearer. Following a honeymoon in Seaside, Florida, the couple resides in Oxford.
1. Lee Middle deal possibly a month away COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Innovation Challenge gives young entrepreneurs a head start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CAFB air show reduced to one day COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY