July 24, 2016
Shelley Melissa Swails and Teddy Joe Strickland of Columbus were married April 16, 2016, at 11 a.m. at the First Church of the Nazarene in Columbus, with the Rev. S. Joiner officiating. The bride is the daughter of William T. and Donna Beatty of Columbus. She was given in marriage by her children, Randall Seth Swails, Richard Devin Swails and Kara Beth Sides. Layce D. Hacker of Columbus served as matron of honor. Bridesmaids were Kara Beth Sides and Kirsten L. Strickland. The groom is the son of the late Faye Strickland of Columbus. Marty Strickland, brother of the groom, served as best man. Groomsmen were Randall Seth Swails, Richard Devin Swails and Austin J. Strickland. Following a wedding trip to Gatlinburg, Tennessee, the couple resides in Columbus, where the bride is employed with Emergency Management, and the groom is employed with Burns Dirt Construction.
1. Air Force Base receives best-ever inspection rating in 2017 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Courage and class: New Hope teacher uses her breast cancer fight to impart life lessons COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Winning Market Street artist overcomes heavy odds COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Starkville works to improve cash monitoring after Parks embezzlement STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Tabernacle shooting suspect nabbed in Tennessee COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY