July 31, 2016
Casey Brooke Hill and Rami Ghassan Aqrabawi were married Nov. 14, 2015, at McClain Lodge in Brandon, with the Rev. Jeff Jones officiating. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Roger Dale Hill Sr. of Columbus. She is the granddaughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. E.O. Shurden, and Mr. Odie Lee Hill and the late Mrs. Beatrice Hill, all of West Point. The bride wore a white gown with flowing organza layers and a veil of tulle edged with pearls. She carried a bouquet of light purple roses and wore a cross necklace and earrings, gifts from the groom. Miss Heidi Hill, sister of the bride, served as maid of honor. Bridesmaids were Denise Terry, Lindsey Powell, Allison Tyler, Rachel Webb, Neha Patel and Mandi Karg McNamara. Attendants wore long Tahiti chiffon formal gowns. The groom is the son of Ghassan Aqrabawi and Fadwa Bdeer of Amman, Jordan. He is the grandson of Hosni Bdair and Fatheyeh Bdair, and Muhammad Aqrabawi and Jameeleh Aqrabawi of Jordan. Ramez Aqrabawi, brother of the groom, served as best man. Groomsmen were Tamer Aqrabawi, brother of the groom, Dale Hill, brother of the bride, Tariq Drabi, Mohammad Qaneer, Ahmad Zghool and Mohammad Hawwas. Following trips to Savannah, Georgia, and Amman, Jordan, the couple resides in Brandon.
1. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. SFD investigating Walmart fire as arson STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Restaurant tax: Smith, Younger agree on reducing restaurant tax floor COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY