October 16, 2009
Sarah Elizabeth Bowler of Windsor, Va., and Andrew B. Edwards Jr. of Windsor, were married June 27, 2009, at 5:30 p.m. at The Smithfield Center in Smithfield, Va., with Susan Turner officiating. The bride is the daughter of Steve and Darnell Bowler, and Judi Bowler of Brandon. She is the granddaughter of Nell Trapp and the late Edward Trapp of Columbus, and Betty Bowler and the late Marion Bowler of Suffolk, Va. The bride was given in marriage by her father. Ashley Bowler, sister of the bride, of Columbus served as maid of honor. Aven Bowler, niece of the bride, of Columbus served as flower girl. Kim McCandless, sister of the bride, of Hamilton; Amy Holland, of Smithfield; Megan Finch, of Bremerton, Wash.; and Christina Tomlinson, of Smithfield, all served as bridesmaids. The groom is the son of Joanne and Bill Campbell of Edenton, N.C. and the late Andrew B. Edwards of Smithfield. He is the grandson of Mary Farside, of Greenville, Tenn., and the late Nicholas Remigio of Pennsylvania, and the late B.F. and Josie Edwards of Smithfield. Kelly Jordan, of Smithfield, served as best man. Tim Minor, brother of the bride, Joey Marade, Nick Caddy and Tim Woodard, all of Smithfield, served as groomsmen. Following a stay in Atlantic City, N. J., the couple resides in Windsor. She is employed at State Farm Insurance and he is employed at EPPS Construction.
1. Wiggins wins Caledonia by one vote COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. House built by and for freed slaves for sale in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Two arrested for child endangerment in marijuana bust COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Second Baptist deacons to release offering to trustees, finance committee STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Person shot in home invasion on Tabernacle Road COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY