July 9, 2017
Darby Dowdell of Atlanta, Georgia, and Alex Johns of Dothan, Alabama, were married on June 17, 2017, at Old Waverly Golf Club in West Point, with Ben Gardner and James Dowdell Jr., uncles of the bride, officiating. The bride is the daughter of Doug and Sondra Dowdell of Atlanta. Her grandmothers Geneva Ware and Sue Dowdell were in attendance at the wedding. Serving as maids of honor were Connor Dowdell and Liz Bowden. Bridesmaids were Lauren Gardella, Missy Gray, Jilly Dickerson, Radhika Agarwal, Jessica Bowman and Chelsea Weldon. Twins Violet and Lucy Hartsell served as flower girls. The bride’s long-hair chihuahua, Oreo, was also presented. The groom is the son of Jerry Johns of Dothan. Aaron Worthington served as best man. Serving as groomsmen were Evan Byrd, Bill Collington, Tim Travis, Brandon Wellington, Chase Blessman and Dustin Ware. Cooper Hauck and Bohdi Smith served as ring bearers. Following a honeymoon tour of Italy, the couple resides in Atlanta.
1. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Restaurant tax: Smith, Younger agree on reducing restaurant tax floor COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Police searching for suspect in death of Starkville woman STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY