February 6, 2010
Megan Claire Cook of Columbus and Scott David McKinnie of Vicksburg were married Aug. 15, 2009, at 6 p.m. at Fairview Baptist Church in Columbus, with the Rev. Sammy Crawford officiating. The bride is the daughter of Ray and Trudy Cook of Columbus. She is the granddaughter of Ken and Jimmie Cook of Columbus, Cathy Pennington and the late Gayner Palmer of Columbus. The bride was given in marriage by her father. She wore a strapless crossover-pleated sweetheart bodice, trimmed with intricate Swarovski crystal beading and silver embroidery. The empire waist fell into a slim A-line taffeta skirt and cathedral train featuring asymmetrical draping of ruched, crystal-beaded and silver embroidered pick-ups. Natalie Morrison of Bankston, Ala., served as matron of honor. Raye Ann Carlisle, sister of the bride, Kathy Graves, Sarah Graves, Vera Hreish and Viola Hreish, all of Columbus, served as bridesmaids. Attendants wore strapless, cocktail-length turquoise dresses of chiffon overlay, with soft pleats extending upward and downward from empire waistbands accented by crystal brooches. Sydney Adair of Columbus served as junior bridesmaid. She wore a full-length turquoise gown with a beaded bodice and chiffon overlaid straps rising from an empire waist. The groom is the son of Charlie and Susan McKinnie of Vicksburg. He is the grandson of Beverly McKinnie and the late J.C. McKinnie of Madison, and David and Mildred Kennedy of Magee. The groom’s father served as best man. Tyler Hardy of Brandon, Andrew Hendrix of Columbus, Curtis Robertson of Vicksburg, Jordan Terry of Memphis, Tenn., and Mark Thomas of Ridgeland served as groomsmen. After a trip to Puerta Vallarta, Mexico, the couple resides in Brandon. The bride is employed as an accountant at BKD in Jackson, and the groom is employed by Garver USA as a civil engineer in Brandon.
1. Trial set for house parent accused of sexual battery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. SPD: Shooting victim in stable condition STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Problem solver: LINK intern spends summer developing research-based guide for Golden Triangle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Cashing in on life's lemons: Inaugural Lemonade Day in Starkville draws young entrepreneurs from across area STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. One man killed in weekend shooting in West Point COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY