July 11, 2010
Alexis Durell Powe and Patrik Niklas Nordin were married May 14, 2010, at 4 p.m. at Litchfield Beach in South Carolina. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Charles Powe of Starkville. She is the granddaughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Robert Durell Claybrook of Reform, Ala., and the late Mr. and Mrs. George S. Powe of Waynesboro. The bride wore a gown of ivory satin crepe. The fitted bodice featured a V-neckline with a beaded lace overlay. Ruching complimented the gathered waistline, which met a court train. She wore a veil of illusion tulle. The bride carried a bouquet of ivory roses and blue delphinium. The groom is the son of Dr. and Mrs. Dennis Nordin of Starkville, and Lund, Sweden. He is the grandson of Mrs. Kajsa Hellstadius and the late Mr. Uno Persson of Gothenburg, Sweden, and the late Mr. Sven Nordin and Mrs. Mimi Nordin of Morton Grove, Ill. Sarah Shields Matthews and Samuel Joseph Matthews carried the couple’s rings. A wedding dinner at Frank’s in Pawleys Island, S.C., followed the ceremony. In addition to the parents of the bride and groom, also attending were the bride’s sister and her husband, Todd and Allison Matthews and their children, Samuel and Sarah; Austin Powe, brother of the bride; Peter Nordin, brother of the groom, of Lund, Sweden; Bert and Dottie Nordin, uncle and aunt of the groom; Valerie Browne and Mara Motley, friends of the groom’s family, and Margaret Bateman, close friend of the bride’s family. The couple resides in Starkville. Both the bride and groom are employed at Mississippi State University.
1. Two arrested for child endangerment in marijuana bust COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Flier calling for boycotts further disrupts divisive Southside development issue COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Person shot in home invasion on Tabernacle Road COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Shooting victim fights for life in hospital COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Planned talent show draws scam concerns COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY