August 1, 2010
Dr. Kristy Goff and Mr. Judson Jones were married May 27, 2010, in Hawaii, with the Rev. Dean Kauka officiating the sunset ceremony. The bride is the daughter of Ms. Tammy Goff and the granddaughter of Ethel Krohn Smith of Long Beach. The groom is the son of Roy Byrd and Debra Jones of Columbus. He is the grandson of Ruth Adams of Columbus and the late Stuart Adams of Macon, and the late John and Helen Jones Fancher of Columbus. Escorted by her mother, the bride wore an Anne Barge couture gown with a front halter neckline and a low criss-cross back extending into a mermaid gown of French Chantilly lace and silk. The gown was accented with miniature silk buttons the length of the train. The bride’s hair was adorned with white orchids, and she carried a bouquet of white roses. She wore diamond and pearl earrings, a wedding gift from her mother. Dr. Misty Goff Roberts attended her sister as matron of honor. After the ceremony, guests enjoyed a champagne sunset toast and cocktail hour, followed by a seated dinner reception and dancing. After a honeymoon through the Hawaiian Islands, the couple is at home in Jackson.
1. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Aldermen shoot down Pride parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Defendant sentenced to 40 years for second-degree murder COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Police make attempted kidnapping arrest STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY