December 10, 2010
Charli Jones of Pickensville, Ala., and James Parker of Selma, Ala., were married June 19, 2010, at 2 p.m. at First Baptist Church of Pickensville, with the bride’s father, Tim Jones, officiating. The bride is the daughter of Tim and Stacy Jones of Pickensville. She is the granddaughter of Ronnie and Shirley Griffin of Pickensville, and Levert Jones and the late Linda Jones of Selma. The bride wore a Galina Signature gown of white charmeuse and V-neck halter, with ruched surplice bodice and beaded, embroidered dropped waist. It featured a godet chapel train adorned with beaded, embroidered appliqués. She wore a matching beaded veil and carried a bouquet of white calla lilies and miniature green cymbidium orchids. Katherine Montgomery served as maid of honor. Bridesmaids were Brandi Bishop, Lara Frasher, Chelsea Martin and Raleigh Reid. Attendants wore black satin, short-style skirts, with white ruched wrap tops and black satin sashes at the waist. They carried bouquets of peach calla lilies, with a green hydrangea. The groom is the son of Barbara Milner Parker and the late James Parker Jr. of Selma. He is the grandson of Barbara Milner and the late Walter Milner of Selma, and the late James Parker Sr. and the late Irene Parker of Mobile, Ala. Troy Stewart served as best man. Groomsmen were Casey Jones, Chris Poe, Scott Short and Keith McNeil. The couple resides in Pickensville. Both bride and groom are employed by SkillsTutor, a division of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
1. Early College High School grows in second year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother arrested after newborn tests positive for drugs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CPD officer on paid leave after fight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Fire destroys New Light Road home STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. 'Programming is problem solving': Local senior conducts STEM camp for girls COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY