January 1, 2011
Catherine Joy Fraser of Columbus and Donald Edward Saxon of Starkville were married Sept. 18, 2010, at 5 p.m. at Bay Gardens in Gulf Shores, Ala., with Dr. Alan W. McBride officiating. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Keith A. Fraser of Columbus. She is the granddaughter of the late Joy B. and the late Ted H. McClanahan of Columbus, and Mr. and Mrs. William C. Fraser of Columbus. The bride wore an ivory crinkle chiffon A-line gown with beaded waist, and carried a silver bouquet holder of multi-colored roses, delphinium and dendrobium orchids. Elizabeth Anne Yates, sister of the bride, served as matron of honor. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Larry W. Saxon of Starkville. He is the grandson of the late Mr. and Mrs. M.D. Skinner of Ackerman, and Mrs. Jewell Johnson of Martinez, Ga., and the late Mr. Edward Saxon of Augusta, Ga. Larry Saxon, father of the groom, served as best man. Following a wedding trip to Gulf Shores, Ala., and Destin, Fla., the couple resides in Starkville. The bride is a customer service representative for Citizens National Bank in Columbus, and the groom is a sales representative for Southern Link in Atlanta.
1. Columbus man dies in head-on crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Aldermen pass amended alcohol ordinance STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Area students check out college options COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Princess owner plans to reopen theater COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Human remains discovered on banks of Tenn-Tom COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY