April 30, 2011
Jean Margaret Young and Thomas Edgar Sheffield Jr. of Columbus were married Oct. 10, 2010, at the Chapel of Memories on the campus of Mississippi State University, with the Rev. Dr. Newton Wilson, cousin of the groom, officiating. The bride is the daughter of Dr. and Mrs. Fred R. Young of Eupora. She is the granddaughter of Mrs. Wilbur R. Holland of Mathiston and the late Mr. Maloy B. Love, and Mrs. Fred S. Young of Eupora and the late Mr. Young. She was given in marriage by her father. The bride wore a strapless beaded, embroidered ivory gown accented with champagne satin bands at the neckline and waistline, and descending the length of a chapel-length train. Beadwork embellished a fingertip veil of champagne tulle. She carried a hand-tied bouquet of white French roses and lilies. Her jewelry included her great-grandmotherís pearl necklace, her motherís pearl earrings and auntís pearl bracelet. Ashley Tullos Young of Brandon, sister-in-law of the bride, served as matron of honor. Bridesmaids were Jenny LeBlanc of Tupelo and Mary Simmons of Tokyo, Japan. Attendants wore strapless gowns of deep chocolate and carried bouquets of mixed fall foliage. The groom is the son of Dr. and Mrs. Thomas E. Sheffield Sr. of Columbus. He is the grandson of the late Mrs. Beulah Sheffield-Green, formerly of Columbus, and Mr. Eugene Claiborne Sheffield, and the late Mr. and Mrs. Walter Johnston Porter of Hattiesburg. Dr. Thomas E. Sheffield Sr. served as his sonís best man. Groomsmen were James Harmon of Columbus and Russell Young of Brandon. Following a wedding trip to Florida, the couple resides in Columbus.
1. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Sturgis man arrested for attacking females STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. New Columbus Arts Council director looks for more long-term donations COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. The Book of Joe: LINK CEO Higgins enlists ghostwriter to work on book project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Police identify armed robbery suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY